Deciding to do a graduate degree is one more option to obtain better job opportunities. It is a big step you take and that is why it is important that you know the requirements.
Sometimes it is difficult to decide what kind of graduate degree you want to do or if you even want to do one. Nevertheless, there are several options you can choose from:
Study and training opportunities a road for better job
- What are you planning on studying?
- When are you planning on starting?
- What is your grade average or GPA (Grade Point Average)?
- Have you already taken the required exams?
- Do you want to be in a public or private institution?
- Which area in the United States do you want to live?
- Do you prefer to live on-campus or off-campus?
- Research the schools that best suit your needs
- Create a school list with you and analyze it
- Establish an application plan
- Help you with your Resume or CV
- Proof-read your essays and more
- Follow ups
- Help you draft your “Letters of Regret” to those colleges or universities you decline
- And much more
Before you start your application process you have to fulfill certain requirements:
Required for the majority of graduate students as well as business schools. It measures:
- Analytical Writing: Critical thinking and Analytical Writing Skills.
- Verbal Reasoning: Reading comprehension and verbal and analytical reasoning.
- Quantitative Reasoning: Problem solving ability. Scores for the GRE are valid for 5 years. It is recommended that you do the GRE “Subject Tests”.
For MBA applicants. This exam measures your analytical writing and problem solving abilities.
It’s the Medical College Admission Test. It’s a multiple choice exam and it asseses problem solving, critical thinking, writing skills and knowledge of science concepts and principles. The scores are valid for up to 3 years and you may take the exam up to 3 times in one year.
For Law schools. It provides measure of acquired reading and verbal reasoning skills.
For those applying to Dentistry. It’s a multiple choice exam.
Scholarships are always a good way to help with all the costs of studying in a college and/or university. It is always a good idea to do some research on ways to obtain some kind of financial aid. Keep in mind deadlines for the different types of scholarships or financial aid.
There are different types of scholarships:
- Academic scholarships
- Athletic scholarships
- Need based scholarships
- Merit scholarships, etc.
These are not the only ways of obtaining financial help. You may want to visit Collegeboard - Big Future